How do I create an Instagram account?
To create an Instagram account from the app:
- Download the Instagram app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
- Tap Sign Up With Email or Phone Number, then enter your email address or phone number (which will require a confirmation code) and tap Next. You can also tap Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with your email or phone number, create a username and password, fill out your profile info and then tap Done. If you register with Facebook, you'll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you're currently logged out.
To create an Instagram account from a computer:
- Go to instagram.com.
- Enter your email address, create a username and password or click Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with an email, click Sign up. If you register with Facebook, you'll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you're currently logged out.
If you sign up with email, make sure you enter your email address correctly and choose an email address that only you can access. If you log out and forget your password, you'll need to be able to access your email to get back into your Instagram account.
Learn more about keeping your account secure.
- How do I delete my account?
- How do I link my Instagram account to a Facebook Page that I manage?
- How do I remove an Instagram account I've added?
- Why am I seeing someone else's Facebook info or posting to someone else's Facebook account from Instagram?
- Where can I adjust my Android settings for Instagram?