How do I create an Instagram account?
To create an Instagram account from the app:
- Download the Instagram app for iOS from the App Store, Android from Google Play Store or Windows Phone from the Windows Phone Store.
- Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
- Tap Sign Up, then enter your email address and tap Next. You can also tap Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with email, create a username and password, fill out your profile info and then tap Done. If you register with Facebook, you'll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you're currently logged out.
To create an Instagram account from a computer:
- Go to instagram.com.
- Enter your email address, create a username and password or click Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with an email, click Sign up. If you register with Facebook, you'll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you're currently logged out.
If you sign up with email, make sure you enter your email address correctly and choose an email address that only you can access. If you log out and forget your password, you'll need to be able to access your email to get back into your Instagram account.
Learn more about keeping your account secure.
- I can't sign up for an account because an account with my email address or phone number already exists.
- Why am I seeing someone else's Facebook info or posting to someone else's Facebook account from Instagram?
- Where can I adjust Instagram settings on my Android?
- How do I remove an Instagram account I've added?
- What can I do if I forgot my password?