How do I send a message to someone on Instagram?
With Instagram Direct, you can send messages, photos and videos to one or more people. Messages won’t appear in Feed, search or your profile.
To send a message using Instagram Direct:
- Tap in the top right or swipe left from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap in the top right.
- Select people you'd like to send a message to, then tap Chat.
- Type a message. You can also tap to take and send a disappearing photo or video, or to select a photo or video from your library.
- Tap Send.
To message someone you follow, you can also go to their profile and tap Message.
Note: Links you send using Instagram Direct will appear in the conversation with a preview image. When you send an address or phone number, you can tap it from within the conversation to open your phone’s maps app or make a call.
- How do I use Instagram Direct?
- How do I send a disappearing photo or video on Instagram?
- How do I rename a group conversation in Instagram Direct?
- How do I send a post I see in feed as a direct message on Instagram?
- How do I report a message that was sent to me or stop someone from sending me messages with Instagram Direct?