What kind of reels will I see on Instagram?
On Instagram, we show you public reels in places like the Reels tab that are recommended to you based on reels you’ve watched, liked or commented on and accounts you follow.
You may also see reels that are labeled Featured. Featured reels are chosen by Instagram to help you discover new content from a diverse mix of creators across a variety of topics.
In addition to the guidance above, Instagram chooses reels to recommend and feature that:
- May be entertaining for a wide audience
- Can inspire people to create (example: start a trend others can participate in)
- Have music from the Instagram music library or original audio that is made with the Reels audio tool
- Are filmed vertically
- Show events that are meaningful and relevant to our community
- Show creators with diverse backgrounds and views
Note that if your reel is featured, you'll get a notification from Instagram.
We aim to make less visible and won’t feature reels that:
- Are blurry, low resolution, contain borders, logos, watermarks or if the majority of the image is covered by text
- Aren't your own original videos
- Focus on political issues or are made by political figures, parties or government officials (or on their behalf)
Keep in mind that reels from people you follow will still be shown on Profile and Feed and we won’t make them less visible.