Using stickers on Instagram
When you share a photo or video to your story, you can add stickers to express yourself in fun and unique ways.
From your story, tap to add stickers. From there, you can:
- Add a donation sticker to allow people to donate to a nonprofit that you care about. After you select the donation sticker, you can select the nonprofit you want to raise money for and customize the name of your fundraiser. When people see your donation sticker in your story, they can tap Donate to donate to your selected nonprofit. Swipe up on your story to see the total amount raised and donations by username.
- Add a challenge sticker to participate in popular challenges. After you select the challenge sticker, you can nominate friends to complete the challenge.
- Add a quiz sticker to write your own multiple-choice question and customize the answers. People can respond by tapping an option you've provided. Once published, your followers can vote and learn whether they got it right. When you view your story and swipe up, you can see how many votes each option received and how each person voted.
- Add a countdown sticker to count down to any moment. After you select the countdown sticker, you can tap to customize the name, date and time, and color (by tapping the color picker). When followers see your countdown sticker in your story, they can tap the arrow in the corner of the sticker to remind them or share your countdown to their story. When the countdown ends, you and everyone who turned on reminders for your countdown will receive a notification.
- Add a questions sticker so people can ask you a question or send you a song. First tap the questions sticker and then select to let people ask you a question, or tap to let people send you a song. People can tap the sticker in your story, then type a question to ask you or send you a song. When you view your own story and swipe up, you can see who responded. Tap a response from someone to share it. Keep in mind that when you share someone's question or song, their photo and username won't be shown.
- Add a music sticker and search for a song. If lyrics are available for the song you select, you can choose different fonts and designs for them, and you can edit which part of the song you want to play. When someone watches your story, they can tap the lyrics to learn more about the artist or listen to more of the song.
- Add a poll sticker or emoji slider sticker to write your own question and customize the answers. People can respond by tapping an option you've provided or sliding the emoji you've chosen. Once published, your followers can vote and see realtime results. When you view your story and swipe up, you can see how many votes each option received and how each person voted.
- Add a location sticker by searching for or selecting nearby options. When people see your story, they'll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for that location.
- Add a hashtag sticker. When people see your story, they'll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for the hashtag you enter.
- Add a current time or weather sticker. These stickers are based on information from your device and your current location.
- Add a selfie sticker and tap to take a boomerang. You can add emoji camera effects to your selfie and change the background color.
- Pin stickers to a fixed spot in your video. After taking a video, add a sticker, then tap it and hold. Use the slider bar at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the video to find where you want to pin the sticker. Move the sticker and tap Pin.
- Rotate and resize a sticker by using two fingers to pinch and zoom.
- Delete a sticker by dragging and dropping it on at the bottom of the screen.
See more tips for uploading, recording and editing your story.
- Using the Instagram Sticker Platform
- When I share something to my Instagram story, where does it appear?
- What are some tips for uploading, recording and editing my Instagram story?
- How do I share a story with my close friends list on Instagram?
- What are some tips for watching and scrolling between people's stories on Instagram?