How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?
Before you post content, you might want to ask:
- Have I used someone else's trademark to sell or promote goods or services in a way that may confuse people?
- Does my use of a trademark only refer to someone else’s goods or services, or make some other type of non-infringing use of the trademark (ex: using a trademarked word in its ordinary dictionary meaning, or using the trademark in a way that is not related to the sale or promotion of products or services)?
If you have questions about trademark law or whether your content infringes another party’s trademark rights, you may want to contact an attorney.
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate copyright law?
- What if I want to upload content to Instagram but I'm not sure whether that would infringe someone's trademark?
- How can I get an image of my child removed?
- Who can see my teen’s photos?
- How do I report an inappropriate video?