What can I do if someone is blackmailing me on Instagram?
The safest thing you can do is never share something you wouldn’t want other people seeing, even if you feel like you trust the person asking you to share. If you don't want someone to see your posts or contact you on Instagram, keep in mind that you can always block that person. You can also read our tips on how to address abuse on Instagram.
If someone is trying to blackmail you (threatening to share private information about you and asking you to send them money), please report it. You should also contact your local law enforcement.
- What should I do if someone is threatening to share things I want to keep private (example: photos or videos)?
- How do I help a member of the US military community (example: active soldier, veteran or family member) who has shared suicidal content?
- How do I help a law enforcement officer who has posted suicidal content?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me without my permission?
- How do I help someone who may be a victim of human trafficking or has shared suspicious posts related to human trafficking?