I received an email that I created a new Instagram account, but I didn’t sign up for a new account.
Most likely, someone tried to sign up for an Instagram account using your email address by mistake. To remove your email from the account, click let us know at the bottom of the Welcome to Instagram email to let us know this wasn't you.
You should then be able to use this email address to sign up for an Instagram account or add it to your existing account.
- I can't sign up for an Instagram account because an account with my email address or phone number already exists.
- My Instagram account is posting unauthorized content.
- I'm receiving a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account.
- How do I delete my Instagram account?
- What can I do if my Instagram account has been disabled?