I received an email that I created a new Instagram account, but I didn’t sign up for a new account.
Most likely, someone tried to sign up for an Instagram account using your email address by mistake. To remove your email from the account:
- If you have an Instagram account, log out. Before logging out, make sure the you have access to the email address currently associated with your account. Learn how to update your email address. If you don't have an Instagram account, skip to step 2.
- Click let us know at the bottom of the Welcome to Instagram email to let us know this wasn't you.
You should then be able to use this email address to sign up for an Instagram account or add it to your existing account.
If you're still having issues with your email or phone number, let us know.
- I can't sign up for an account because an account with my email address or phone number already exists.
- I have a verified badge on Facebook, why don't I have one on Instagram?
- What can I do if my account has been disabled?
- I'm receiving a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account.
- What can I do if I don't receive a password reset email?