Ads on Instagram
Learn More About Ads
We want to show you ads from businesses that are interesting and relevant to you, and to do that, we use information about what you do on Instagram and Facebook (our parent company) and on third-party sites and apps you use. For example, you might see ads based on the people you follow and things you like on Instagram, your information and interests on Facebook (if you have a Facebook account) and the websites and apps you visit. Learn about what you can do if you see an ad you don’t like.
We do our best to show high-quality and engaging ads. To hide an ad you'd rather not see:
- Tap (iOS) or (Android) at the top right of any ad
- Select Hide This
You can also opt out of seeing ads based on sites and apps off of Instagram and Facebook (our parent company) from your device's settings. If you choose to opt out of seeing these types of ads, you'll still see ads based on your activity on Instagram and Facebook. To learn more, tap (iOS) or (Android) at the top right of any ad, then select About Instagram Ads.
Information for Advertisers
The best way to grow and strengthen your audience is to create high quality, on-brand content that people want to see in their Instagram feed. Creating strong content also increases the likelihood that your account will be discovered by non-followers from Search & Explore or Activity, where people can see posts that their followers have liked.
You can also grow your audience by making Instagram part of your day-to-day business and marketing. For example:
- Post a sign at your retail locations with your Instagram account, or share it in communications like emails and postcards
- Run contests or mention your account in the press
- Announce your Instagram account on other platforms like Facebook or Twitter with a link to your account, or provide a link on the homepage of your website
Check out the Instagram for Business blog to see how a few brands are already crafting eye-catching original posts and inspiring their customers and followers to do the same.
We recommend exploring the stories and best practices featured on this blog:
- How Lexus built excitement for the 2014 Lexus IS with a video made from Instagram photos
- How PayPal partners with guest Instagrammers to bring its service to life
- How General Electric gives people access to its factory floors and research labs to see innovation at work
We look forward to more businesses joining the Instagram community and sharing moments that capture the essence of their brand.