What should I do if a deceased person's account is recommended to me on Instagram?
We’re sorry to hear about your loss, and we’re working to make sure your report gets reviewed. Please note that we have fewer people available to review reports because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which means it may take us additional time to memorialize or delete the account you requested.
We apologize and want to send our condolences for your loss.
If a friend or someone you know has passed away, you or their family can request that their Instagram account is memorialized.
- What happens when a deceased person's Instagram account is memorialized?
- How do I report a deceased person's account on Instagram?
- My Instagram profile has been memorialized.
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me on Instagram without my permission?
- What should I do if someone is threatening to share things I want to keep private (example: photos or videos)?