How do I delete my Instagram account?
After your account is deleted, you can't sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account.
For security reasons, we can't delete an account for you. You’ll need to be able to log into your account to request deletion. If you can't remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.
To request the permanent deletion of your account:
Before deleting your account, you may want to log in and download a copy of your information (like your photos and posts) from Instagram. After your account has been deleted, you will not have access to Instagram’s Data Download tool.
- Go to the Delete Your Account page from a mobile browser or computer. If you're not logged into Instagram on the web, you'll be asked to log in first. You can't delete your account from within the Instagram app.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you deleting your account? and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you've selected a reason from the menu.
- Click or tap Permanently delete my account.
If you'd like to delete a different account:
- Click or tap the username in the top-right of the Delete Your Account page.
- Click or tap next to the Edit Profile and select Log Out.
- Log back in as the account you want to delete and follow the directions above.
After 30 days of your account deletion request, your account and all your information will be permanently deleted, and you won't be able to retrieve your information. It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all the things you've posted. While we're deleting this information, it's not accessible to other people using Instagram.
Copies of your information may remain after the 90 days in backup storage that we use to recover in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. We may also keep your information for things like legal issues, terms violations, or harm prevention efforts. Learn more about this in our Data Policy.