About Professional Accounts
Professional Accounts can be both Business or Creator Accounts on Instagram. Converting to a professional account will limit your ability to take certain actions on Instagram.
- If you've linked a Facebook Page to your professional account, you'll only be able to share your Instagram posts to Facebook through that Page. You won't be able to share to another Facebook Page or to a Facebook profile. If you'd like to switch the Facebook Page you're able to share Instagram posts to, you'll need to convert back to a personal account. Once you've converted back, you'll then need to set up your professional account again and select the new Facebook Page you'd like to use.
- Business Accounts can't be set to a Private Account.
However, there are many new features you'll receive when you convert to a professional account.
- Professional Dashboard: track your performance, access and discover professional tools, and explore educational information curated by Instagram.
- Linked Permissions: When you link an Instagram account to a Facebook Page, admins, editors and other Page roles will have equal permissions on the associated Instagram account.
- Contact Information: Professional accounts include a Contact button near the top of their profile. You'll be able to include directions, a phone number and/or an email address. If you entered a physical address, it'll now appear below your profile's description. You can also choose to display or hide your contact information on your public profile after setting up.
- Category Label: Professional account will show a category directly below the profile image. This category is the same as the category of your linked Facebook Page. You can choose to display or hide your category label on your public profile after setting up.
- Insights: You'll receive access to Instagram Insights. Instagram Insights provide information on who your followers are, when they're online and more. You can also view insights for specific posts you've created to see how each performed and how people are engaging with them.
- Secondary Inbox: You’ll have access to an inbox with Primary and General tabs. You can use this inbox to organize your messages and control notifications.
- Ranked Requests: You’ll be able to sort your requests by received date or by top accounts.