How do I use video chat on Instagram?
You can video chat with up to 6 people using Direct Messaging.
To use video chat on Instagram:
- Tap in the top right of Feed.
- Tap a username or group name to open the conversation. You can also start a new conversation by tapping in the top right and selecting people you want to video chat with.
- Tap in the top right. The person or group you call will receive a notification that you're calling them.
To add someone to an ongoing video chat:
- While in your video chat, swipe up to add someone.
- Tap Add next to their username in the list below, or tap Search to search for someone. The person you've added will receive a notification that you're calling them.
Once you've added a new person, a new direct group thread will be started. Any additional people will be added to this new thread, and only 6 people can be in the video chat at once.
Learn more about changing your push notification settings.