How do I change my password on Instagram?
If you're logged out of your account and can't remember your password, you can request to reset it from the login screen.
If you're able to log into your account and know your current password, you can change it from your Settings:
- Go to your profile and tap in the top right.
- Tap Settings > Security > Password.
- Enter your current password and then enter your new password.
- Tap Save or in the top right.
Tip: To create a strong password, use a combination of at least 6 numbers, letters and punctuation marks (like ! and %).
- What can I do if I forgot my Instagram password?
- How do I remove one of the multiple Instagram accounts I've linked to a single login?
- How do I use one login for multiple Instagram accounts?
- What can I do if my email address can't be found during a password reset for my Instagram account?
- What can I do if I don't receive a password reset email for my Instagram account?