How do I invite guests to join my live broadcast on Instagram
You can invite up to three guests to join your live room or you can ask to join someone else’s live room. There are two ways you can start a live broadcast and invite guests on Instagram.
To go live and then invite a guest to join your broadcast from the Instagram app:
- Tap at the top or swipe right anywhere in Feed, then scroll to Live at the bottom.
- Tap at the bottom, then tap .
- Under Requests, tap next to someone’s username, then tap Send Request to invite them to join your live broadcast. Scroll down to invite other people who are already viewing your live broadcast.
You can also invite a guest to join your live room by typing their username in the search bar at the top. If a guest accepts the invitation to join, they’ll appear in your live room. You'll also see if they've chosen to decline.
To remove someone who joined your live room, tap x in the top right of their video frame.
To ask to join a someone’s live broadcast that you're viewing:
- Tap next to the username at the top.
- Tap Request to join.
- If your request is accepted, you'll receive a notice that you're about to join the live room.
Note that you may automatically be asked if you want to request to join the live room in the comments section.