How do I share a photo or video to my Instagram Story?
Your story is a way of sharing photos and videos with your followers. Stories disappear from your profile and Feed after 24 hours unless you add it as a highlight.
To share a photo or video to your story using the Instagram app:
- Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo from your phone's library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen. If the photo or video you choose doesn't fit on the screen at first, pinch to change the size. You can also:
- Tap Boomerang at the bottom of the screen, then tap the circle to take a burst of photos that loops forward and backward.
- To record a video that plays in reverse, first tap Rewind at the bottom of the screen. From there, tap and hold to take a video, or tap once to record hands-free.
- Swipe left then tap Hands-Free at the bottom of the screen to take a video without having to tap and hold.
- To record a video that automatically zooms in on an object and plays a dramatic sound, tap Superzoom at the bottom of the screen. Tap anywhere on the screen to select an area or object to zoom in on, then tap the circle to start recording.
- Swipe left then tap Stop-Motion to make a video using a series of individual photos. Tap the circle to take your first photo, then keep tapping to take additional photos. You can tap and hold the last photo you've taken to see an overlay preview and align your next photo. When you're finished, tap Done to see your stop-motion video.
- Tap , or to draw, add text or a sticker to your photo or video. Tap Undo to remove a drawing effect or Done to save it. To remove text or a sticker, drag and drop it on at the bottom of the screen.
To share a photo or video to your story from your mobile device at Instagram.com:
- Tap in the top left of your screen.
- Choose to take a photo or upload a photo from your library.
- Once you've taken a photo or selected a photo from your library, you can tap in the top right to add text.
- You can tap x in the top left corner to discard your photo, or tap to save it to your phone. When you're done, tap Add to your story to share to your story.