How do I share a photo or video to my Instagram Story?
Your story is a way of sharing photos and videos with your followers that disappear after 24 hours. To share a photo or video to your story:
- Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. You can also:
- Tap Boomerang at the bottom of the screen, then tap the circle to take a burst of photos that loops forward and backward.
- Swipe left then tap Hands-Free at the bottom of the screen to take a video without having to tap and hold.
- Tap , or to draw, add text or a sticker to your photo or video. Tap Undo to remove a drawing effect or Done to save it. To remove text or a sticker, drag and drop it on at the bottom of the sceen.
- You can tap Cancel to discard your photo or video, or Save to save it to your phone. When you're done, tap Your Story to share to your story.
Learn more about who can see your story.