Who can see my info when I update to Messenger features on Instagram?
When you update to Messenger features on Instagram and you start a chat with or reply to a Facebook account, they’ll be able to see:
- Your Activity Status
- When you’re typing a message
- When you’ve seen their message
Note that Instagram accounts you connect with are already able to see the above.
Keep in mind
- Updating to Messenger features on Instagram doesn’t change who can see your stories or posts.
- Messages only appear on the account they were sent to. Messages sent to your Instagram account won’t appear in your inbox on the Messenger app.
- When you search for someone, you may see results for both their Facebook and Instagram accounts. Messages to the same person’s Facebook and Instagram accounts will appear as separate chats in your Chats list.
- How do I manage message requests on Instagram?
- What are Messenger features on Instagram?
- How do I block or unblock someone in a chat while using Messenger features on Instagram?
- How do I update to Messenger features on Instagram?
- How do I know if my story is appearing on a hashtag or location page on Instagram?