How do I hide my Instagram story from someone?
If you don't want someone to see your story, you can hide your story from them and prevent them from seeing anything you add to your story in the future. To hide your story from someone:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy, then tap Story.
- Tap the number of people next to Hide Story From.
- Select the people you'd like to hide your story from, then tap Done (iPhone) or (Android). To unhide your story from someone, tap to unselect them.
You can also choose people to hide your story from as you're looking at who's seen your story. Tap (iPhone) or (Android) to the right of their name and select Hide Story From [Username].
Keep in mind that hiding your story from someone is different from blocking them, and doesn't prevent them from seeing your profile and posts.
Your account's privacy setting also affects who can see your story:
- If your account is set to private:
- Only your approved followers can see your story.
- If your account is set to public:
- Your followers can see your story from Feed.
- Anyone can see your story wherever it appears, such as on your profile and in Explore.
- Anyone you've started a thread with in Direct can see your story there.