Branded Content on Instagram
We define branded content as a creator or publisher's content that features or is influenced by a business partner for an exchange of value (for example, where the business partner has paid the creator or publisher).
Our policies require creators and publishers to tag business partners in their branded content posts when there's an exchange of value between a creator or publisher and a business partner. You can read the full policies here.
Creators and Publishers
Certain accounts can mention a business partner when they share branded content as a post in feed or in a story. This means that they have a commercial relationship with the business partner that's mentioned, and that they were compensated in some way for the post. People will see Paid partnership with... above these posts.
Branded content is different from ads you see on Instagram.
If you're posting branded content the read the Branded Content policies.
Creators and publishers can tag business partners in branded content through feed and stories in Instagram.
Tag Business Partners in posts in feed
- After you've selected a photo or video and added a caption, effects and filters, tap Next.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- To search for the business, tap Tag Business Partner. Please keep in mind that, the business partner must have a business profile to appear in search results.
- Tap the name of the business you want to tag in your post.
Tag Business Partners in stories
- From Feed, tap in the top left of your screen
- Once you've taken a photo or video, tap the link icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap Tag Business Partner to search for the business. Please keep in mind that, the business partner must have a business profile to appear in search results.
- Tap the name of the business you want to tag in your story.
If the business appears in the search results, but doesn't allow you to tag it, you must contact your business partner and ask to be approved. Once you've been approved by your business partner, you can tap (Android) or (iPhone) to include the tag.
Once your post has been tagged, the business partner will receive a notification. They'll also have access to the post's insights.
Business partners can approve creators in advance, to avoid the need to approve each tag request separately.
Set up partner approvals
- From your business profile, tap ( (Android) or (iPhone)
- Under Business Settings, tap Branded Content Approvals
Now that you've selected the creators you'd like to approve, you'll no longer need to review each of their tag requests.
If you want to approve the creators or publishers who can tag you in posts, turn the Require Approvals toggle on.
Business partners can view insights for branded content they've been tagged in.
Before you Begin
- Once a business partner has been tagged in a post or a story, they'll be able to see organic insights on the Branded Content section of Page Insights.
- For posts in Feed, businesses will be able to see reach and engagement.
- For stories, tagged business partners will have a 14-day window to see reach, taps forward, taps backward, replies and exits. Creators will continue to see metrics directly on Instagram insights, as opposed to Page Insights on Facebook.
- Stories insights will last only 14 days.
Access insights from your Facebook Page
- Go to your Facebook Page
- Click Insights
- Click Branded Content
- View your insights
Access insights from Business Manager
- Go to Business Manager
- Under Measure & Report, click Branded Content
- View your insights
Business partners can remove their business's tag from branded content they've been tagged in.
Remove your brand's tag from the Instagram app
- Go to the post your brand is tagged in
- Tap (Android) or (iPhone)
- Tap Remove Me From Post
- Tap Remove to confirm
Remove your brand's tag from Page Insights on Facebook
- Go to your Page.
- Click Insights at the top of your Page.
- Click the Branded Content section on the left.
- Select the post you want to remove the tag from. A preview of the post will appear.
- Click in the top-right corner, to reveal the option to remove your brand's tag from the post.
- Click Ok.
Please keep in mind that removing your brand from a tagged branded content post means you will no longer have access to see insights. It won't remove the post from Instagram.