How do I turn off my activity status on Instagram?
People you follow or have direct conversations with can see when you were last active on Instagram. You can change the visibility of your activity status at any time.
To change the visibility of your activity status:
On the Instagram app for iOS or Android devices
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings > Privacy > Activity Status.
- Tap next to Show Activity Status to turn off your activity status.
On your computer or mobile browser
- Go to instagram.com on your computer or mobile browser.
- Click and then click .
- Click Privacy and Security and then click to uncheck the box next to Show Activity Status.
Keep in mind that when you turn off your activity status, you won't be able to see anyone else's.
- People are getting suggestions to follow other people after they follow me on Instagram. How do I opt out of this?
- How do I hide a photo or video I've been tagged in from my profile?
- How do I clear my Instagram search history?
- How do I remove myself from a photo or video someone tagged me in?
- How do I set my Instagram account to private so that only approved followers can see what I share?