How do I tag products in my posts on Instagram?
Before you begin
- Your account must be approved for shopping on Instagram to tag products
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app
To enable product tagging:
- Tap to go to your profile
- Tap the Get Started alert at the top of your profile
- If you don't see the alert in the image above, tap
- Tap Shopping
- Tap Continue
- Select a product catalog to connect to your business profile
- Tap Done
If you don't see Shopping under Business Settings, your account is probably still under review or it hasn't been approved for shopping on Instagram. Usually, the review process takes a few days, but sometimes we may need to review the account in more detail, which can take longer.
To tag products in your posts:
- Select a photo and add a caption, effects and filters
- Tap the products in the photo that you want to tag
- Enter the names of the products you want to tag, then select them as they appear in the search box
- Tap Done
- Tap Share
You can tag products in both new and existing posts from your Instagram business profile. You can tag up to 5 products per single-image post or 20 products per multi-image post.
You can edit or delete products you've tagged in single image posts on Instagram, but keep in mind that for multi-image posts, you can't edit or delete tagged products once your post has been published.
If you delete a product from the shop on Facebook or the product catalog that's associated with your business profile, the associated tag will be removed from any posts the product is tagged in. You'll also lose insights for the associated tag that's been deleted.
Product information in the tags and product details page will display the currency and language of your catalog to a global audience. We recommend using Insights on your Business Profile to understand your audience, and use the catalog containing the most relevant currency and language for your audience.
To preview posts or save a draft of a post, click Preview Tagged Products or Save Draft on the page that allows you to add a caption to your post, under Tag People and Tag Products
Still having trouble? Learn how to troubleshoot common issues.