Create Ads from Instagram
You can run ads directly from the Instagram app. Once you've converted to a business account, you can use the Promotions button from your profile to run post and stories ads.
Before you begin
- Convert your profile to a business account.
Create ads directly from Instagram
To create an ad from Instagram:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap Promotions.
- Tap Create Promotion at the bottom.
- Choose a post you'd like to promote.
- Tap Next at the upper-right corner.
- If you didn’t link to a Facebook Page when you set up your Instagram professional account, you will be prompted to connect a Page. You can choose an existing Page or tap Skip.
- If you tap Skip, you won’t see this step when you promote future posts. You can still connect a Facebook Page to your profile at any time.
- Fill in the details of your promotion by setting things like Destination (where to send people), Audience (who you want to reach), Budget (how much you want to spend daily) and Duration (how long you want your promotion to run). Tap Next once you've completed these details.
- To complete your promotion, tap Create Promotion under Review.
Your ad will be submitted for review to make sure it meets our ad policies. Your promotion will begin running after it's been reviewed and approved. After submitting your ad, you can use the Promotions button to view insights.