About Product Launches on Instagram
For businesses using Checkout on Instagram, you can use Commerce Manager to set up a Product Launch on Instagram.
The Product Launch feature allows you to tag and build awareness around product(s) that will become available for purchase in the future. This gives your audience a differentiated shopping experience and rewards followers who stay up to date on your latest content.
When you set up a Product Launch on Instagram, people can learn more about your product(s) through the following:
- Stories. People can tap a Product Launch sticker to set a reminder or see product details.
- Feed. People can view Product Launch tags that show the launch date, and tap to see product details and to set a reminder.
- IGTV videos. People can set reminders for your pinned launch product(s).
- Live broadcasts. People can set reminders for your pinned launch product(s). An hour before launch, a countdown will be displayed to your viewers. At launch time, a confetti effect will display to announce your launch and the countdown will change into an “Add to Cart” button.
- Product details. People can preview products and set reminders for the launch.
- Push reminders. When you set up your Product Launch, some of your followers may receive push notifications announcing the launch. People who sign up for reminders (using the Product Launch story sticker, or on the product details page) will receive push notifications 24 hours and 15 minutes before your product launch.
- Creators. Creators can tag the products featured in your Product Launch after receiving approval from your business.
After you’ve launched your product on Instagram, it will remain in your Instagram shop and tagged in posts.
Note: Product Launches encourage shoppers to make purchases right when your products become available. To help you manage inventory, Product Launches are required to be Instagram exclusive for a period of at least one hour. This is required so that you don’t oversell, which is a risk if you sell through multiple channels, including your own website, because inventory counts will not sync in real time. You’ll need to make sure your launch inventory isn’t available anywhere but Instagram during the exclusivity period.
Accounts that are in countries where Checkout isn't available will not be able to sign up for or receive Product Launch notifications. During the launch, your product(s) will be available for purchase only in countries where Checkout on Instagram is available. Outside of countries where Checkout on Instagram is available, your product(s) will be shown as “Not Available” for the duration of the Instagram exclusive period.