What are the video upload requirements for IGTV?
Videos must be between 15 seconds and 10 minutes long.
Note: Larger accounts and verified accounts can upload videos up to 60 minutes long, but they must be uploaded from a computer.
Video File Type
Videos must be in MP4 file format.
Video Resolution and Size
- You can upload a vertical video with an aspect ratio of 9:16 or a horizontal video with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Videos should have a minimum frame rate of 30 FPS (frames per second) and minimum resolution of 720 pixels.
- The maximum file size for videos that are 10 minutes or less is 650MB. The maximum file size for videos up to 60 minutes is 3.6GB.
We want to create the best possible experience for everyone on Instagram. That means videos that don't follow our Community Guidelines may be removed from Instagram. If you see something that you think may go against our guidelines, you can report it.
Cover Photo Size
The recommended size for cover photos is 420px by 654px (or 1:1.55 ratio). Right now, you can't edit your cover photo after you've uploaded it.
Learn how to upload a video to IGTV.
The requirements listed above should work for most people who are uploading a video to IGTV. However, if you need more technical detail to help you upload, please follow the requirements listed below.
- Progressive scan (no interlacing).
- High profile.
- 2 consecutive B frames.
- Closed GOP. GOP of half the frame rate.
- Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0.
- Channels: Stereo or Stereo + 5.1.
- Sample rate 96khz or 48khz.
Cover photo file format
- png or jpg.