Introducing Instagram for Windows 10 Mobile
We've rebuilt Instagram for Windows Phone to support all major features, including Instagram Direct, Explore and video. You'll also see that Instagram for Windows Phone supports Live Tiles, showing you updates right on your home screen. Instagram for Windows 10 Mobile is now available in the Windows Phone Store.
Learn more about getting started on Instagram:
To upload a photo or take a new one, first tap at the bottom of the screen:
- To upload a photo from your phone's library, tap Library (iOS) or Gallery (Android) at the bottom of the screen and select the photo you'd like to share.
- To take a new photo, tap Photo at the bottom of the screen then tap . You can tap to switch between front and rear-facing cameras and to adjust flash.
Note: You can't take or upload photos from a desktop computer.
To upload a video or record a new one, first tap at the bottom of the screen:
- To upload a video from your phone's library, tap Library (iPhone) or Gallery (Android) at the bottom of the screen and select the video you'd like to share.
- To record a video, tap Video at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold to start recording, and lift your finger to stop. You can tap and hold again to record multiple video clips and tap to switch between cameras.
Note: You can't take or upload videos from a desktop computer.
Instagram Direct lets you send messages to one or more people. You can send the following things as a message on Instagram Direct:
When you send a post from Feed using Instagram Direct, it'll only visible to people who can already see it. For example, if you send a post from a private account as a message, only people who follow that account will be able to see it.
Photos or videos sent with Instagram Direct can't be shared through Instagram to other sites like Facebook or Twitter, and won't appear on hashtag and location pages.
To find people to follow on Instagram, you can look through people from your contact list:
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account > Contacts Syncing to find your friends from your phone's contact list.
- Tap Connect Contacts, and then tap Follow next to the people you'd like to follow.
You can also tap at the bottom of the screen to search for people you'd like to follow.
We’re always working to update the types of photos and videos you see in Search & Explore to better tailor it to you. Posts are selected automatically based on things like the people you follow or the posts you like.
Learn more about what you can do if you see posts you don't like in Search & Explore.