What if an Instagram account is using my registered trademark as its username?
Trademark violations may involve using a company or business name, logo or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation.
What is not a violation?
Using another's trademark in a way that has nothing to do with the product or service for which the trademark was granted is not a violation of Instagram's trademark policy. Note that Instagram usernames are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be reserved.
How do I report a trademark violation?Learn more about other types of trademark violations or submit a report of a username violating your trademark.
- Can I report a username on Instagram for infringing my trademark?
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report on Instagram?
- What happens if I repeatedly post content on Instagram that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights?
- What should I consider before submitting a report of intellectual property infringement to Instagram?
- How do I report an ad on Instagram that I think infringes my intellectual property rights?