Saving a photo
If you're experiencing issues with saving a photo to your phone, check out our troubleshooting tips.
To adjust your privacy settings, follow these steps:
- Exit out of Instagram
- Open the "Settings" app
- Select "Privacy"
- Select "Photos"
- Toggle the ON/OFF switch next to Instagram to the "ON" position
If photos aren't saving to your camera roll or gallery, try these troubleshooting steps:
- If your photos aren't saving to the camera roll on your iPhone, tap in the top right, swipe down to "Preferences" and make sure that you've turned on the Save Original Photos setting.
- Please note that filtered photos will only save to your camera roll after they've been uploaded to Instagram. Also, please be sure that you're using the latest version of the app, as we've fixed some bugs related to photo-saving in previous versions.
If your photos aren't saving after adjusting your Save Original Photos settings:
- Check to make sure you have storage space on your phone. Open the Settings app, tap General > About and check the "Available" field.
- Restart your phone. This will help ensure there are no memory issues causing photo saving to fail.
If this still doesn't resolve your issue, please follow these troubleshooting steps.
Instagram is a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your photos with friends and family. Our service isn't just a photo editing app, so people using Instagram on iOS don't have the ability to save filtered photos before sharing them.
Learn more about adjusting your original and filtered photo saving settings.