I Can't Log In
If you can't remember your password, tap Forgot Password on the login screen. You'll then have the option to reset your password via email or Facebook.
- Tap Username or Email and search for your account by entering either your username or the email address you used to create your account
- Tap Send a Password Reset Email
- Click the link in the password reset email sent by Instagram to create a new password
- Tap Reset using Facebook
- If you aren't already logged into Facebook, you'll be prompted to
- Instagram will return the account most recently connected to your Facebook account, and provide the option of creating a new password
Unfortunately, if you can't access the email account you registered with, and you didn't connect your Instagram account to Facebook, we are unable to release the account to you.
- Search by your email address.
- Find the URL for a photo you previously shared with friends, or on another social network like Twitter or Facebook. Usernames are listed at the top left of the photo page.
Try the following:
- Search for any other email address you may've registered with
- Reset your password through Facebook verification
Try the following:
- Check your spam filter
- If no email is in your spam filter, try resetting your password through Facebook verification
- If neither of these work, contact your email service provide to ensure that emails from the domain @instagram.com are whitelisted
Try any additional email addresses you may have, or if you have connected your account to Facebook, reset your password through Facebook verification.
Unfortunately, if you mistyped your email address when registering, we are unable to recover your account.
If you deleted your account there is no way to restore it. You can create a new account with the same email address you used before, but you won't be able to get the same username.
We'd suggest that you review the Community Guidelines carefully along with the content posted to all accounts you have created.