I Can't Log In
If you can't remember your password, tap Forgot Password on the login screen. You'll then have the option to reset your password via email or Facebook.
- Tap Username or Email and search for your account by entering either your username or the email address you used to create your account
- Tap Send a Password Reset Email
- Tap the link in the password reset email sent to you from Instagram to create a new password
This option is only available if you've previously linked your Instagram account to Facebook.
- Tap Reset using Facebook
- If you aren't already logged into Facebook, you'll be prompted to
- Instagram will bring up the account most recently linked to your Facebook account and give you the option of creating a new password
Unfortunately, if you can't access the email you registered with, and you didn't link your Instagram account to Facebook, we're not able to give you access to this account.
If you're trying to log into your account but can't remember your username, tap the Forgot Password link on the login page. We'll send you an email with your username in the greeting.
If you're logged into your account, you can find your username at the top of your profile.
If your email address isn't being recognized when you try to reset your password, likely you registered with a different email or you mistyped your email when registering.
If you're having this issue, try the following:
- Start resetting your password, tap Username or Email and then search for any email addresses you may have registered with
- If you've previously linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you can reset your password through Facebook verification by choosing the Reset using Facebook option
Unfortunately, if you can't access the email account you registered with and didn't link your Instagram and Facebook accounts, we're unable to give you access to the account.
If you're not receiving the password reset email, it's possible that the email is being caught in your spam filter or that you mistyped your email when registering.
Try the following:
- Check your spam filter
- If the reset email isn't in your spam filter, try resetting your password through Facebook verification if you've previously linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts
- If neither of these work, get in touch with your email service provider to make sure that you're able to get emails from the domain @instagram.com
If you've previously linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts, it's possible to reset your password without receiving an email.
Try any additional email addresses you may have, or if you have connected your account to Facebook, reset your password through Facebook verification.
Unfortunately, if you mistyped your email address when registering, we are unable to recover your account.
If you deleted your account there is no way to restore it. You can create a new account with the same email address you used before, but you won't be able to get the same username.
We'd suggest that you review the Community Guidelines carefully along with the content posted to all accounts you have created.