If you're experiencing a problem that isn't covered in our Known Issues, please follow these troubleshooting steps. Keep in mind that you should always make sure you're running the latest version of your operating system and the Instagram app before following these steps.
Restart your device
Always try this first if you're having trouble with Instagram. To restart your phone:
- Hold the button at the top of the phone until the red slider appears
- Slide the red power button off
- Wait about 30 seconds, then hold the top button again to turn your phone back on
- Hold down the lock button on your phone until the options window pops up
- Tap Power Off
- Hold down the lock button to turn your phone back on
Uninstall and reinstall
If restarting your phone doesn't help, try deleting and reinstalling Instagram:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold the Instagram app icon until it shakes.
- Tap x on the app to delete it. Your photos and profile info will be saved by Instagram.
- Go to the App Store, reinstall Instagram and then log in with your username and password
- Go to your phone's Settings
- Tap Applications > Manage Applications > Instagram
- Tap Uninstall
Check Internet connection
If the last two steps don't help, please try using Instagram both on Wi-Fi and on 3G to see if the problem is because of a weak Wi-Fi or 3G connection.