If your posts are set to public, you can add tags to your photos and videos that will make them visible on public tag pages.
To tag a photo or video:
- Take a photo/video and choose a filter
- On the screen you see after choosing a filter, type your #hashtag in the Caption field (example: #flower)
- If you want to tag a post you've already uploaded, just include your #hashtag in a comment on your photo
After you tag your post with a hashtag, you'll be able to tap on the hashtag to see a page that shows all photos and videos users have uploaded with that hashtag. Read our blog post for more tips on using hashtags!
- Private users' tagged posts will not appear publicly on tag pages.
- Numbers are allowed in hashtags. However, special characters, such as $ or %, will not work.
- You can only tag your own posts, not other users' photos/videos.
- The limit on the number of tags you can use on a post is 30. If you include more than 30 tags on a single photo/video, your comment will fail to post.
- Older versions of Apple iOS do not support tapping on hashtags. Instead, search hashtags by navigating to the Profile tab > Search Instagram > Tags.