How do I use #hashtags?
If your posts are set to public, you can add tags to your photos and videos that will make them visible on public tag pages.
To tag a photo or video:
- Take a photo/video and choose a filter
- On the screen you see after choosing a filter, type your #hashtag in the Caption field (example: #flower)
- If you want to tag a post you've already uploaded, just include your #hashtag in a comment on your photo
After you tag your post with a hashtag, you'll be able to tap on the hashtag to see a page that shows all photos and videos people have uploaded with that hashtag. Read our blog for more tips on using hashtags!
Keep in mind:
- When people who've made their profile private tag posts, they won't appear publicly on tag pages.
- Numbers are allowed in hashtags. However, special characters, such as $ or %, won't work.
- You can only tag your own posts, not other people's photos/videos.
- You can use up to 30 tags on a post. If you include more than 30 tags on a single photo/video, your comment won't post.
- Older versions of Apple iOS don't support tapping on hashtags. Instead, search hashtags by navigating to the Explore tab > Search users and hashtags > Hashtags.