I'm having trouble connecting to...
Some Android phones, like the HTC EVO 4G and the HC Panache, have known connection problems with Facebook. Keep in mind that the Facebook login process through Instagram is controlled entirely by Facebook.
If you're having trouble logging into Facebook in order to share your Instagram posts, it's possible that Facebook is having temporary issues and that trying again in a few hours will work.
For ongoing connection issues, we suggest:
- Deleting both the Instagram and Facebook apps
- Removing Instagram permissions from your Facebook privacy settings
- Re-downloading both apps and attempting to connect to Facebook again through Instagram
Right now, it isn't possible to post Instagram photos directly to a Facebook brand Page from an Android phone.
To link an Instagram account to your brand's Facebook Page:
- Make sure you're an admin on the Page.
- Go to your Profile tab > > Share Settings and then tap Facebook.
- Link Instagram to Facebook on your phone. When the Facebook authorization appears, make sure that the Facebook username at the bottom is an admin of the brand's Facebook Page.
- If you've already linked Facebook on your phone but need to switch accounts, unlink your Facebook account from Instagram.
We're aware of an issue where photos shared to Facebook are appearing on people's Timelines, but not their News Feeds. We're working with Facebook to resolve the problem.
Some people exporting Instagram photos to their Facebook timeline have their photos' visibility set to Only Me.
You can change your share settings so that more people can view your photos:
- Find Settings under the dropdown menu at the top right of any page on Facebook.
- Click Apps on left.
- Go to Posts on my behalf: and change the settings to your preferred level of privacy.
Some people have reported getting messages that their "Instagram Photos" Facebook album is full even if the album only has a small number of photos in it. We're aware of this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.
In the meantime, you can edit the title of the album from "Instagram Photos" to something else. The next time you share a photo from Instagram to Facebook, a new "Instagram Photos" album will be created for you to upload your photos into.
If the wrong username is appearing on Twitter when someone mentions you on Instagram, the wrong Twitter account is linked to your Instagram account. To fix this, unlink Instagram from Twitter, and then make sure the correct Twitter account is linked with your phone. Then link your Twitter and Instagram accounts again.
When trying to share posts to Twitter, people on the following Android phones have reported getting the error message "Please check your username and password", even when their login information is correct:
- HTC Inspire
- HTC Sensation
- HTC Desire Z
- Xperia Mini Pro
- Motorola Razr
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Samsung Galaxy Y
- Samsung Galaxy SII
- Nexus One
- Droid Bionic
For those on iOS 5 and earlier, your phone's Twitter account settings may need to be reset in order to share through Twitter.
- Leave the Instagram app, open your phone's Settings and then tap Twitter
- Tap the Twitter account you want to link and then tap Delete Account
- Open Instagram, go to your profile and then tap Edit Share Settings > Twitter to link Twitter again in Instagram
If you're using the iPhone 5 or have upgraded to Apple's iOS 6, you may have to enter your Twitter password again in your phone's Settings to share photos to your Twitter account:
- Leave the Instagram app
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Tap Twitter and then tap the Twitter account that you'd like to share photos to
- Enter your Twitter password
- Tap Done
If you run into issues sharing Instagram posts to Tumblr, try sharing the photo again by tapping (iPhone and Windows Phone) or(Android) beneath your photo and selecting Tumblr.
If this doesn't work, try unlinking and relinking your Instagram and Tumblr accounts:
- Get to your profile by tapping on Android or on iPhone and Windows Phone.
- Tap on Android or on iPhone to open up your settings. On Windows Phone, tap at the bottom of the screen and then tap Settings.
- Tap Share Settings > Tumblr > Unlink. Tap Tumblr again and then re-enter your Tumblr login info.
Wait a few minutes, and then try to share your post to Tumblr again. Since we don't have any control over connectivity problems in Tumblr's API, please get in touch with Tumblr's support team if you're still unable to log in. They can be reached at email@example.com.
Right now, you can only share Instagram photos/videos to the first Tumblr account you've created with your Tumblr login information.
If you'd like to link your Instagram account to another Tumblr blog, you'll have to delete the blog and re-register it:
- Sign in to your Tumblr account, go to your blog in the menu bar and then click Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom to the page and click Delete this blog. This will release your blog's name to be re-registered.
- Log out of your Tumblr account.
- Click "sign up" from the top-right corner and use a different email address and password, but use the same blog name.
- Once you've selected the blog as a primary account, you can then open Instagram and link your Tumblr account.