Edit Your Profile
- Go to your profile by tapping
- Tap Edit Your Profile
- Type in your new name, username, website or bio
- Tap Done (iPhone), Save (Android) or the check mark (Windows Phone)
To change your profile picture:
- Go to your profile by tapping in the bottom-right of the app
- Tap your profile picture. If you don't have a profile picture, tap the blank circle next to your name.
- Pick where you'd like to import your picture from (ex: your phone, Twitter, Facebook and so on)
Right now, you can only add or change a profile picture from the Instagram app, and not when viewing Instagram on the web.
By default, anyone can view your profile and photos/videos on Instagram. To make your posts private so only approved followers can see them:
- Go to your profile by tapping .
- Tap Edit Your Profile next to your profile picture.
- For iPhone/iPad, scroll down to Posts Are Private and slide it to On. For Android or Windows Phone, check the box next to Posts are Private.
Once you make your posts private, people will have to send you a follow request if they want to see your posts, your followers list or your following list. You'll see requests in your news feed, which you can then approve or ignore.
People can also send a photo or video directly to you even if they’re not following you.
If you're logged out of your account and can't remember your password, you can request to reset it.
If you know your current password, you can change it by going to your profile:
- Go to your profile by tapping in the lower right
- Tap Edit Your Profile next to your profile picture
- Tap Change Password
- Enter your old password and then your new password
- Tap Save
Tip: To create a strong password, use a combination of at least six numbers, letters and punctuation marks (like ! and %).